Return to top
Is a journey of self-discovery, bringing inner strength, clarity of Mind, Inner Joy and Transformation, awakening true liberation to experience our spiritual self. For levels 1 - 2 (Beginner to Intermediate).
Hatha Flow Yoga (also known as Power Yoga or Vinyasa)
Hatha Flow Yoga is a dynamic form of Hatha that uses movement and Ujjayi breath, creating an internal and external purification together to produce a "flow" of postures that lead naturally from one to the next.
Experienced students especially enjoy Vinyasa Yoga as they practice familiar postures in a new way through a variety of sequences that build upon each previous posture. For levels 2 - 3 (Intermediate to Advanced).
Hatha Raja Yoga
A unique blend of Hatha Ha – effort THA ease, regaining inner strength, perfect health, gaining flexibility, inner peace, expanding and clearing energy through the Chakras, uplifting the spirit.
Prenatal classes provide a safe and supportive environment for expectant mothers. The classes help ease pregnancy, delivery and the after effects of birth by creating flexibility, focus and strength through a gentle yoga practice. A wonderful way to connect with other expectant mothers.
Return to top
Though meditation is usually recognized as a largely spiritual practice, it also has many health benefits. The yoga and meditation techniques are being implemented in management of life threatening diseases; in transformation of molecular and genetic structure; in reversal of mental illnesses, in accelerated learning programs, in perceptions and communications beyond the physical, in solving problems and atomic and nuclear physics; in gaining better ecological understanding; in management of lifestyle and future world problems. Some benefits of meditation are:
- It lowers oxygen consumption.
- It decreases respiratory rate.
- It increases blood flow and slows the heart rate.
- Increases exercise tolerance in heart patients.
- Leads to a deeper level of relaxation.
- Good for people with high blood pressure as it brings the B.P. to normal.
- Reduces anxiety attacks by lowering the levels of blood lactate.
- Decreases muscle tension (any pain due to tension) and headaches.
- Builds self-confidence.
- Increases serotonin production which influences mood and behavior. Low levels of serotonin are associated with depression, obesity, insomnia and headaches.
- Helps in chronic diseases like allergies, arthritis etc.
- Reduces Pre-Menstrual Syndrome
- Helps in post-operative healing
- Enhances the immune system. Research has revealed that meditation increases activity of 'natural-killer cells,' which kill bacteria and cancer cells. Also reduces activity of viruses and emotional distress.
Learn more: Breathing
Benefits of Meditation on Women's health and Pregnancy:
Meditation allows moms-to-be to feel an identity of your own - besides daughter, wife, mother etc. Women begin life as someone's daughter, and then someone's lover, wife, someone's mother. Yes, but who am I? Who am I really? Not only does a woman need an understanding of her body, but also needs to connect with the essence of her true self. A true self, which is an identity beyond everyday change- beyond gender, beyond fluctuations of hormones, beyond family expectations and other superimposed personality patterns. Discovering this true self is not as easy. Just when you know who you are, it all changes again.
The process of self discovery involves stripping off false layers of identity, going back through all the conditionings and realizing, "I am not that, and not that, and not that." From emptiness arises the realization - "Ah ha! I am that."
The place for this self discovery is not the psychiatrist's couch, the matrimonial bed, the mother's group, or even a yoga retreat, but within your own private meditation times. Resolve phobias.
Meditation can help to resolve the deepest of neuroses, fears and conflict which play their part in causing stress and ill health. Meditation puts mothers-to-be in tune with their babies. Manta Japa is especially appropriate for pregnant women. After birth, daily meditation becomes a precious time to refocus and make sense of the many new thoughts and feelings which can be running through your mind, brought about by the events of childbirth and new motherhood.
Return to top